Saturday, October 21, 2006

long time coming

After losing a check in the mail last week, i mailed in some other checks and settled a debt back home. I should be financially set up soon so i can actually start paying off things I owe. Work is starting to get into a good cycle where i come home tired, but not in pain. The days go by quick enough, and i am actually becoming friends with more people outside of my department. I still make mistakes which get magnified by the people above me when they are noticed, but for the most part i think i am doing a good job.

We're more than past the halfway mark, and at this point have about 3 weeks left in the shoot. I will be sad to see it go (or for it to see me go) but that is the nature of the business, and chances are, if I keep in good contact, there is a good chance I will be working with some of these people again soon. It sounds like when i get out it might be a bit of a struggle to get my first jobs, but then they will start flying in. I guess at that point i better be sure its the right direction to take, because right now i am just going with the flow and figuring out a way to advance in the position I have found myself in.

Getting back home I need to be sure to evaluate my options and make the right choices. I think this might be a good track to get on, at least in the medium/short term, but the long term it might actually be more trouble than its worth.

On a lighter note; Went to the state fair last weekend and spent more money that I would have liked, but its nice to see how the other half lives. Its not a common thing to see a state fair for me (at least not in the city) so to see some of the things I would usually see in Six Flags are slightly less artificial. The rides at the fair are actually a good deal more scary because you could actually be worried about their structural integrity.

No comments: