Saturday, October 28, 2006

Week sicks

Week 6 was one punctuated by illness. I'll spare the details, but waking up sick on sunday (enough so to visit the hospital) proved to be a waste of a day, and i skipped a half day of work on monday. Feeling better on tuesday, I put in another full day. Wednesday I made it to work, but had them take me to a family practitioner to get some proper attention. The doctor paid me more attention this time and actually allayed my fears that the symptoms were that of something more serious. This allowed me to finish the week out in a painfully yet confident haze. I'm mostly better by today (saturday) which allows me to feel okay about enjoying my night at the crew Halloween Party.

I was considering not going at first without finding a good costume. The theme was rock star, and I had no good accessories. Finally, I had a good idea, and then it turns out some people from the costume department were going as the same band i was thinking of. Suddenly, not only was my costume easy. but it became effortless, cheap and completed.

Its kind of a shame, because i get the feeling that this party will be where alot of people will bond, and in 2 short weeks the film will be finished. Sure we will have friendships that we can maintain over email and phone and stuff, and we will have all the shwag that will distinguish us in a crowd, But in a short while there will be an entirely new crew to meet and, then the process starts all over. I guess I should be thankful, because it keeps things interesting from project to project, and you don't have to work with the same jerks month to month if you get a bad bunch. Also, it makes the reunions all the more sweet when you get to work with somebody on a different project.

The Gypsy-like nature of the business seems to be such that, the more you work... The more you work. new friends beget new jobs, and new contacts, and as I understand it, pretty soon, the jobs wont stop calling YOU up. Thats a nice change from what im sure most people are used to, but as of right now, thats just what i hear. We'll see if thats how it actually breaks down at the end of the day.

No comments: